travel photographer

facebook gary atkinson travel photos google plus gary atkinson travel photos gary atkinson travel photos twitter gary atkinson travel photos

07484 628 288

Email: Gary

Why book a course with me?

After 20 years as a professional photographer, I still have the love, passion and energy for the profession. I would now like to pass this on in a fun, relaxed and friendly tuition course. I studied photography full-time as a student when it was only film and darkroom to create great images. Now we live in a digital age where we have more control on the editing side of photography in the comfort of our own homes.

Do I need a professional camera?

No, the most important thing is looking at your subject and getting the best out of the equipment you have. You can also hire a camera from me if you wish.

Do I need any experience?

No experience is needed. You may just like to have an active holiday and learn how to take better photos.

Do you give any discounts for couples?

Yes I give a 5% discount of the total price for couples that book together. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.

Do I need to bring my own laptop?

No, only if you want to. I will bring my own laptop that we can use during your trip.



Photographic Tuition Holiday FAQ's

What’s included in my photo tuition course?

Always check the full itinerary for each destination as they do vary.

What’s not included in my tutoring holiday?

What’s the maximum amount of people attending each course?

The maximum number is 4 people.

Do I need to bring any other camera equipment with me?

Camera and travel tripod are essential. If you have a shutter release cable, that is also a good thing to bring along. Other lenses and camera manuals are useful if you have space for them.

Can I hire a camera from you?

You can hire a camera from me for an extra £10 a day. This has to be pre-booked two weeks before your trip.

Can you recommend accommodation?

Yes, I can help you with accommodation if needed. I do have recommended hotels for each location which can be found by contacting me. The accommodation that I recommend is in a central position for easy access to our photographic sites. When travelling abroad, I try to move away from the main tourist locations and towards more rural and authentic areas. Your accommodation can be an apartment, hotel, or in a privately rented holiday home.

What clothing do I need to wear?

This depends entirely on the location and time of year. When you’re in the UK always think about possible bad weather so waterproofs can be a good idea. On the other hand if you’re in the Canary Islands, think about a sun hat and suntan lotion even in the winter. I always say it’s better to check the weather conditions in the location you are going to a few days before you leave. One good pair of walking shoes is always a good idea.

Will there be a lot of walking?

Each itinerary for each destination has a different amount of walking involved. There will be some walking on all of my tutoring holidays.

What happens on bad weather days?

You can get some great photos in poor weather. I always like to try and get some photos taken even in the poorest weather conditions. If the weather is so bad that we can’t venture out, extra Photoshop tuition is always a good option.

How do I book and pay for a course?

A booking form will need to be filled in and emailed to me, I take deposit to secure the course date, this can be found on each itinerary. The final payment is payable 8 weeks before your course starts. Payment can be made by bank transfer, credit / debit card.